It’s the holidays! That means it’s time for eating and drinking with the people we love 🙂
One of my favorite ways to sneak in a little fruit is via sangria. I’ve made this Emeril sangria recipe a few times and it was a hit with my friends. I love the fresh fruit and orange liqueur. The bonus is when you get to the bottom of your drink, there’s some delicious fruit waiting for you! Warning: this is wine + liquor which = surprisingly boozy fruit at the bottom!
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur (recommended: triple sec or Grand Marnier)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
- 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water, chilled
Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large plastic container or glass pitchers. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water as desired.
Festive twist option: Add in some fresh cranberries!